Monday, June 28, 2010

New Updates!





Two weeks ago we had our "Travel Talk" with our Colombia Director, Raul Velez-Velez (who we affectionally call Tio Raul). He told us that our approximate travel date is Saturday, July 24th. We are so excited! Of course that would be if all of the paperwork goes through the necessary channels without delay. So far, that has been the case so, we are hoping by the 26th to meet our precious baby boy.




In the meantime, we've been trying to stay busy. Here is a before and after picture of Jonathan's room. For those of you who followed along with Joshua's blog, you can see that it's pretty much a slight derivative of what his room was (with less painting involved). We've tried to be what I call "sensible", this time and just work with furniture we already have, etc. The rug pictured here is my absolute favorite! When I was a little girl in Leominster, Mass. my mom used to take me to a park closeby... she says it was really just a little patch of grass not far from our house, but I always called it "el parque". So, when I laid eyes on this rug it reminded me so much of my mom, I HAD to have it. Now with each child, I have to incorporate it because it reminds me so much of her. I know our creative heavenly Father has created even more beautiful "parks" in heaven and that someday my mom will be able to play with my children there as she would've here. :)






The room theme is much like Joshua's... cars, planes, trucks, etc. The reason we did this, once again, to be practical is because we have a toddler fire truck bed that we hope to move Jonathan into (eventually) so this way the room theme will match for awhile.




For my next post, I'll tell you more about the travel talk and details of our hotel... I'm definately going to soak up every moment of this journey. Much of the time with Josh was first time mommy jitters, but this time, I hope to truly enjoy Colombia and my family. I want to get to know this little one, appreciate him and thank God for him each and every moment.




In parting words, I'll leave you with this.... Josh and I enjoy watching the Duggar family on TLC's 19 Kids and Counting. Yesterday, Josh ran up to me out of nowhere and said, "Mommy, now we're TWO KIDS AND COUNTING!" I looked at him, laughed and said, "I'm not too sure about the AND COUNTING part, but yes, we are now TWO KIDS for sure!"




Love you all.

1 comment:

  1. The room looks FANTASTIC!! Where did you get the rug? It's ADORABLE!!! We finally ordered Anna's "big girl" furniture yesterday, so we have a few weeks to paint and get the old furniture out. Then after I get her room done I will put the finishing touches on the nursery. Thank God we did neutral colors! I shouldn't have to change it too much! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete